Wednesday, February 4, 2009

American Idol Hollywood Baby!

So I'm getting a little caught up with things. I may even manage to bathe my chillens' tonight. Poor baby boy has molars coming in...NOT a good night last night. Well, I've had worse but still - he was very uncomfortable and I don't remember when it happened but bang! Two extra chillens in the bed with me and The Batman. I was having a convo one day with Dabba and Miss Thing about having their own rooms if we add onto the house, or that they could even have one ginormous room. Dabba got a brilliant idea: A HUGE BED! Then we can all have one room! I don't think so.

So let's see -
Rock of Love - tuned into see the Penthouse Pet fall off of the stage in a big way...and then Marcia went home. You know her - she of the tequila and porcelain god worship, then kissing Bret...ewww.....good bye!



Housewives of the OC - nothing really happened - Vicki was loud in Chicago ...oh wait though, Shane Keough is the biggest jerk. I don't even know how he has a girlfriend and treats people so awful and Jeana his mom just lets it go. I thought I had guilt, but this woman has so much guilt over her marriage and her husband's moods after a head injury that she lets the kids do/say ANYTHING. But even so, sometime don't you grow up and say "I'm not gonna act like this"?! I'll try to remember for the take-my-own-advice-department later - eventually Mom, it ain't you. Your kid is just an a-hole. But mine won't be. Only when necessary. ;)
Hell's Kitchen - yes! It's back! Too early for any judgements. I don't know why anyone signs up though for Gordon Ramsey to yell at them.

So now - Idol - First night of Hollywood and the judges were taking no prisoners! Groups basically re-auditioning, and if we don't like you - too bad!


Case in point - my friend here who (if you close your eyes) sounds ok - open them, and his face is way way frightening - he actually looks like he is scared while singing. Gone.

Norman! Why did you do it again?! This guy can really sing, but if he doesn't stop with the theatrics.... he really is better suited to the Great White Way, not AI. He's turning himself into a character, which just doesn't work for this. He sang a song from Dreamgirls for pete's sake. B'way audition, maybe, but not AI. But he made it through one more time. I just hope he can rein it in.
I, unlike the judges, was not excited by Lil Rounds' rendition of I Will Always Love You (which I have heard sung live by the indominatable Miss Dolly Parton FYI). To me, it was in tune and it was loud. That's all. But she stays too.

Perhaps he missed the auditions for High School Musicals 1, 2, and 3. Again - he lives to see another day, but I do not have any hope for him making it all the way through.

I am a huge fan of Robert Downey Jr and I had no idea that he could sing so great and was sorry to hear that he's a widower. Psyched that he is going through. I really like this guy.
Emily! Why did you change songs?! I was excited to hear "I Put a Spell on You" and instead she sang some wierd thing. Please please sing the other later, because I think you'd be phenomenal at it. And what is with the facial piercings, people?! Do your parents not tell you it's gonna leave a scar later?! Plus some of them just look like you have something stuck to your face that shouldn't be there, like an errant boogie or something. Please remove.

what happened little hippie girl? why so sad? cheer up buckaroo - you're through to the next round. but you better step it up - I liked her rendition of Dock of the Bay, but she very nearly phoned it in.

What can I say? First - I wish there were a photo of her insane outfit - what was that? It looked like she borrowed something from Zsa Zsa Gabor's S&M collection. I'm not even sure that was a dress? It was possibly a swimsuit cover-up made from a hefty bag and a black feather boa. Now, I have to say I find her doe-like eyes completely mesmerizing and when I have plastic surgery, I will take a pic of them to the doc and say "gimme these". But her singing - there is no musicality - there is nothing happening that says "I feel this song". She just sings. Period. I think her time is limited to only how long Randy and Simon want to look at her, frankly.
So, what's on the sched for tonight, you ask? Hmmm...first I get to go to the doc and wear a paper dress and listen to apologies for cold hands and icy medical instruments, then I do believe there is another Idol tonight. Yay! And also Top Chef? Housewives was new last night but I didn't get to see it. Yet.... My dvr is getting full and I gotta get caught up with Ghosthunters International and Paranormal State for crying out loud! A girl can only stay up so late... asta la manana....



No comments:

Post a Comment