Thursday, February 26, 2009

AI Group ...2

Hands-down: Allison, Adam and……Norman Gentle….I just love him….

And here’s why

“Love Song”
Jasmine M - What a disappointment – wrong song, wrong key, just wrong

Cold Play song
Matt G -
I don’t like Cold Play but this was just weird anyway – frenetic, not him, another disappointment because I had liked him until this.

can’t remember her song – how’s that for forgettable
Janine V - I was completely distracted by the thought that I think she may actually be a drag queen. But of the first 3 she was the best – then quickly faded away…not good enough… and really hammy….I didn’t like that.

And I am Telling You
Nick M - I’m sorry but I just love this guy. Yes, I voted for him! And I’ve heard him sing better so the singing here was a disappointment. He really can do better. It’s ok to add in the silliness I think so long as the quality of your vocals is up there.

Alone
Allison I -
Holy Mackerel child, where did you come from?! She blew me away. Really really good. Can she sustain it week after week? We’ll see…

another song I don’t remember (man in the mirror)
Kris A - Yeah, I remember thinking the song was odd but also that I enjoyed his voice. Good enough to get through. Eh.


Put Your Records On
Megan C - I like this song, and for the most part she did a good job, cute, some weird dancing, and I agree with Simon, a little shouty in the middle. Now whenever I hear someone sing a song like this though, I have to ask – is that your voice, or are you channeling the original singer of this stylized song. The thing about this Corrinne Bailey Rae song is that it is bluesy ( a little Lady-Day-ish in her sound) and very restrained. Is that who you are? I think she could be a wildcard. And yeah, what’s up with the sleeve, man?!

forgettable song (if you can only see... Tonic)
Matt B - What’s up with the mediocrity and songs so boring that I don’t remember them today. I can recall thinking ok this is nice….NEXT! He’s a goner.

Bette Davis Eyes
Jesse L - What a stupid song. It is just not a singer’s song and you need that right now. She won’t move on, but she would have been interesting to hear.

oldie that I don’t remember
Kai K - .Just like Matt B – lovely background music, pleasant, but *yawn*…these people aren’t bringing their A game and I am completely perplexed.

don’t remember the song – AGAIN!
Mishovana H - She was OK – my ears weren’t shriveling up from the sound but just so so blah….

Satisfaction
Adam L - WOW WOW WOW – he’s got a lot of stuff wrong (weird hairstyle, kinda glam/goth, tongue affectation when he hits the big notes), but so much is right – he is hammy in the right way, he is very, dare I say it, Freddie Mercury – I love it!!!!

Winner - Allison & Adam, but my 3rd….Nick/Norman

I will refrain from choosing wildcards until is said and done… it’s too hard … well wait I’ll choose from Group 1 since they’re done: Anoop, Jackie, and yes, I do believe, Tatiana. And that’s based on the theory that it’s judges’ choice, which we don’t know yet. There’s some stories out there that are unconfirmed on how that group will be picked. So if it’s on votes, then my 3 wildcards would be different….(and in fact you could probably figure out if you watched the vote off show in the first place).Whaddya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment