Wednesday, February 18, 2009

AI Email-blog - Group 1

I am craving a coke and not sure why?????


Marilyn's predictions:
Winners:
Alexis
Danny
Ricky

Alexis and Danny totally nailed it!

I liked Tatiana, but I don't think she'll make it tonight-however
she'll probably make the wild card show in a couple of weeks.


Ladies and gentlemen, start your voices:

Jackie T - “A little Less Conversation”
DK: Wasn't horrible, never a fan of the low bending over, good energy, ave vocals at best – bye
KD – I am so frightened of her pants I can barely listen. I think though the tempo is too slow. A like that she did her own thing with it, but it actually turned out a little dark for me, kinda like if Jim Morrison came back from the grave and decided to do a remake of this song. I don’t think it’s gonna get her to the next round.

Ricky B - What the heck was that song? I don’t even know.
DK: Great voice, pretty tone, nice control - liked it
KD: He’s got an excellent voice but I don’t know if he’s got the star quality to get through. I think he’ll make the wildcard round.

Alexis G - “I Never Loved a Man”
DK: I wasn't a fan, thought she had some major intonation problems especially in the lower register - agree her look is much improved but just didn't do it for me. Paula seems slightly buzzed
KD: LOVED IT – she’s staying. She felt that song from her head to her toes

Brent K - “Hicktown”
DK: Not feeling it dog - but I don't like country, forgettable – bye
KD: TOTALLY FORGETTABLE – I agree with Simon. I thought if he wanted to do something like that he should have taken advantage of the background vocals that were available and done Boomtown’s “Boondocks

Stevie W - Some Taylor Swift song
DK: The beginning was a mess, I really like her tone but overall kinda a wreck - she's too young – bye
KD – AWFUL – lost her pitch, voice had no support, low range is just missing, couldn’t catch her breath. She’s a goner.

Anoop - “angel eyes”
DK: If you closed your eyes you would never guess that its a kinda dorky looking Indian guy singing this - he can really sing but I'm not sure he pulled this off. Very nice warm, pleasant tone. I've always liked him - we'll see
KD – UNSURE – I really like Anoop and have from the beginning because I think the tone of his voice is so pleasant, but this song was just boring. If you don’t have people on their feet and smiling in this round, you may be on the chopping block

Casey C - “Everything She Does”
DK: so off tune, bad, oh well - a great bikini model tho. Soooooo bye
KD – that was nuts. She’s so beautiful (like a little mini Kat McPhee) but dang she don’t sound like her. At one point, she was just opening her mouth and yelling aaaaahhhhh. Ew. Bye bye.

Michael S - “Lately” (I think that’s the name of the song)
DK: Great song choice, did a nice job. He's such a likable guy.
KD – I think he’s gonna be #3 through just simply because this was so enjoyable. And I love how he looks like a gorilla next to Ryan Seacrest on the couch.

Anne Marie B - “Natural Woman”
DK: Kinda boring at first but warmed up a little, technically good but no wow. (and where was the "ayoop" by the background singers early on?)
KD – NOT GOOD – I was so annoyed by how she pronounced “feel” and that was a killer for me. There was no “L” on the end of the word. It was a back of the throat guttural end to the word so it actually comes out “feegl”. See ya wouldn’t wanna be ya.

Steven F - “Don’t Stop”
Dk: sooo eh. forgettable, really poor song choice
KD – No please stop. It was just a-right for me dawg, if I may quote Randy. No fire, no excitement. I don’t appreciate that they didn’t follow through during the auditions on their “if you F up you’re gone”. Apparently not. Btw I notice that now Paula just copies whatever Randy AND Cara say. Greeeaaaat.

Tatianna - Whitney Houston song I can’t recall
DK: Even tho she is not likable her singing was technically very good, Maybe good enough - she definitely has a voice.
KD – I remember sitting there being surprised at her reserve. She is a very good singer. If she can tone down the over-the-top quotient we might get somewhere. Notice also that Paula had managed to replace the star ring that she gave Tatiana in Hollywood. I bet she’s got a closetful for her next QVC sale.

Danny G - “Hero"
DK: Excellent, technically perfect - great emotion - by far the best of the night.
KD – He is my favorite guy right now (and has been of whom I’ve seen). I wouldn’t be jumping out of my chair over this song like Randy, Paula and Cara, but it was really good. Plus he’s got a back story I think the producers just plain set him up last so he naturally makes it to the next round.

DK: So overall a pretty bad night:
KD - I agree – pretty mediocre night

DK's Winners - Danny G, Ricky B and (gulp) Tatianna
Karen’s picks – Danny G, Alexis G, Michael S

No comments:

Post a Comment