Tuesday, March 10, 2009

AI Group 3

"You're All I Need To Get By" by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
Von S - it’s ok but he’s got some control issues because he overpowers himself easily. I can’t look at him though. Like the screaming Squirrel in that commercial where the car is careening down the road and everyone is screaming including the crazy-looking wife…

Taylor V - "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys
she’s the oldest looking 18yr old I’ve ever seen. Yeah, not crazy good but good.

Alex W/T - "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues" by Elton John
Kd – I was all psyched for this guy but now I gotta say, WTF was that? Ugh.

Arianna A - "The Winner Takes It All" by ABBA
ohhhh that was baaaadddd…she lost the pitch at the beginning, couple of cracks, and that was it…noooo waaayyy

Junot J - "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's
I don’t know why anyone would sing this song. It’s about somebody being stalked basically and he’s gonna try to turn it into some soft r&b thing. I hated it.

Kristen - "Give Me One Reason" by Tracy Chapman
all the clothing was kinda bizarre. My grandmother woulda picked that outfit for me. I can sing that song. It was good but I’m not THAT impressed.

Nate M - "I'd Do Anything For Love" by Meatloaf
I loved his grandmother’s less than enthusiastic response… she’s “used to his music”. Yeah, like I’ve gotten used to having cramps once a month. This was a horror show. If Meatloaf was dead, he’d turn over in his grave.

Felicia B - "No One" by Alicia Keys
now I am intrigued by why they called her…hmmm….but it was eh. I hate this song too.

Scott M - "Mandolin Rain" by Bruce Hornsby
DK: It's hard to hate on the blind guy but this was just an ave performance
Kd – I don’t think it’s hatin’ and I agree. But I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – I don’t want him to keep getting through on sympathy.

Kendall B - "This One's For The Girls" by Martina McBride
I don’t like Martina Mc Bride – man this is NOT my night! – and this girl…I’ll pass

Jorge N - "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" by Elton John
there’s something mildly pathetic about Jorge and he makes you want to root for him. He actually sounded very good when I heard this on the radio. Why is it that people get so excited when someone sings this song?

Lil R - "Be Without You" by Mary J. Blige
I like Lil but don’t know how far she will make it. I don’t know if she’s versatile enough, soft enough, just like I like my jammies – versatile and soft! Yeah!

On to the wildcard!

No comments:

Post a Comment